Home | What's New | Photos | Histories | Sources | Reports | Cemeteries | Headstones | Statistics | Surnames
Home Search Print Login Add Bookmark
Matches 401 to 450 of 526 » Thumbnails Only
|401||Lydia Elizabeth Colyer Obituary Reno Nevada|
|402||map location of Bill Lewis Cemetery|
located off Rush Branch Rd, hwy 769 Somerset Ky at end of Perry Lee Colyer Rd.
|403||Map of Kentucky 1836|
Shows roads from Somerset Ky, and apparent no evidence of Sublimity Road (current hwy 192) going by old John Colyer place at Ruth Ky
|404||Map of Kentucky roads 1845|
Shows road that appears to be Current Rush Branch road. Ky Legislature funded road improvement in 1835 for coal mines. This may also be what in Pulaski Court orders refer to the Whitley Road....meaning going to Whitley County area around current day Williamsburg Ky. This map lends support to the proposition that the KY Legislative Act of 1835 was for Rush Branch road that is shown crossing Buck Creek and continuing on to Coal mine area and then Whitley area. The Sublimity Road (current hwy 192 and formerly referred to in Pulaski Court Orders in 1821 as Saltworks Rd) may not have been improved until 1850's road Legislative Act.
|405||map of McDonough|
Status: LocatedSmaller, city map of McDonough that shows who lived where. Note Seth Curtis house 3 houses from 4 way stop, where Mrs. Tuttles's work referenced above, says Seth Curtis lived as an elderly person
|406||Map of possible William Colyar father John Colliar migration|
Map shows possible location of father of William Colyar, John Colliar first shows up near Lexington VA. Later a John Collier thought to be related to William, likely brother John born 1744 , shows up in Henry county VA with 336 acres. Map shows where William meets his wife, Nancy Ann St Clair, then settles on Nolichucky river in TN.
|407||Map showing Jugornot Hollow|
Showing approximate location of old long destroyed Jugornot school, whose land was donated by Becky Kirtley Colyer, wife of Bluford Colyer, son of John Colyer of 1781. Also shows likely grave site of William Colyar etc.
|408||Maranda Botkin school house transfer deed investigation trace 1888-1984|
This is info on part of Botkin farm at Pitman creek that was evidently 1 acre transferred to school district for Blaze Valley School. A historic Pulaski county school book shows two different Blaze Valley School houses: one on Ruth Rd and one on Blaze Valley Rd. The Ruth road one evidently predated the Blaze Valley Rd one. I traced a current day one acre tract thinking it was the location of the Ruth Rd school, but evidently not based on deed trace.
|409||Martha Colyar (sister to Arthur St. Clair Colyar) writing|
Status: LocatedWriting by Martha Colyar (sister to Arthur St. Claire Colyar) found in the online library of Cornell University. This about time of reconstruction after Civil War in Mont Eagle TN
|410||Martha Colyar Roseboro article|
Status: LocatedArticle on Martha Colyar Roseboro (sister to Arthur St. Clair Colyar) who lived in Winchester Tennessee. Daughter Viola Roseboro discussed who was an author.
|411||McDonough New York map ancient|
Status: LocatedMap of the "greater-McDonough area" showing Seth Curtis Farm, Moore Cemetery and Ludlow Pond.
|412||McDonough newspaper article|
Status: LocatedFound this old newspaper article in Norwich NY library on McDonough
|413||McDonough NY 1860 Census|
Showing family of Edmund Curtis, sons Frank and Clarence
|414||McDonough NY tax assessment registers |
Status: Located You must download and install the special Deju browser plug in from here to read this . Some McDonough NY tax assessment registers ( 1819 to 1863) from Town Clerk (obtained 2002 from town historian) showing Seth Curtis land and assessment.
Status: LocatedGenealogy report prepared Mr. Dean Hunter on related Meece family
|416||Memoir of Senator Williamson Oldham: Rise and fall of Confederacy exerpt re A.S. Colyar|
Description of A.S. Colyer during Civil War
|417||Mildred Lewis 1920 census|
With step father Delbert Peel, mother Nannie, sister Hazel
|418||Mildred Owens Lewis Chattanooga TN college yearbook|
|419||Mourning Vaughan Warriner death certificate|
|420||Myrtle Marie Taylor Colyer Obituary|
Wife of James Buford Colyer, Jr.
|421||Nashville as part of new south by A. S. Colyar|
Status: LocatedHere is an article written on the history and wonderful nature of the Nashville as part of new south by A. S. Colyar.
|422||Nathaniel Colyer Death Certificate|
|423||Newspaper accounts of John Perry Colyer Murder trial|
News accounts of 1899 John Perry Colyer murder trial and Pardon
|424||Newspaper add from microfilm. Somerset, KY newspaper about 1922|
Status: LocatedSomerset Mill was built, owned operated by John Carpenter Curtis and his brothers Charlie and Fred. Based on the fact as outlined in Wikipedia that the "White Lily" Brand was established in Knoxsville TN in 1883, it appears that the Somerset Mill Advertisement and branding of their flour "Lily White" was a bit of brand violation. Of course, earlier "Lily White" flour brand existed in Grand Rapis MI in 1867
|425||Newspaper clipping re Jehu Colyer wedding|
|426||oath of allegiance|
Status: LocatedThe Calloway work claims that William Colyar took the oath of allegiance with his brothers John, Thomas and Charles in Henry County VA in 1777. You can see the Virginia Historic Journal listing of Henry County VA Oaths of Allegiance August 30, 1777 where the Collier men sign oath here is pdf format
|427||Obituary of John Carpenter Curtis|
|428||Obituary of Sara Oats Peck|
Obituary of Sara Oats Peck 1996 Somerset Ky, Commonwealth Journal
|429||Oliver Morrison death certificate 1956|
|430||Payton Colyer 1915 Massachusetts marriage license|
Shows father's name as Linsey "Robert" Colyer, not Randall
|431||Payton Colyer 1921 Cambridge Mass directory|
|432||Payton Colyer 1930 census|
in NY, NY mental hospital
|433||Payton Colyer marriage record|
Plymouth Massechusets area
|434||Perry N. Colyer death|
in Louisville and works as traveling salesman for Louisville Drug co.
|435||Peyton Colyer 1920 census Boston|
|436||Possible Sublimity Road (hwy 192) history: The First Century and a Quarter of American Coal Industry, 1942|
Confirms that the 1835 Ky Legislative act was building road from Pulaski county courthouse to the coal mines located at mouth of Rockcastle and Laurel Rivers on the Cumberland River. However study of maps of 1845, 1861 seem to show that this 1835 Act was for what is currently Rush Branch Road. Before the lake in 1950, based on civil war 1861 map and 1845 map, it appears that Rush Branch Road (may have been known as Whitley Road) crossed Buck Creek and continued to the coal mine area (see 1845 map) then on to Whitley County area south toward current day Williamsburg and Corbin Ky.
|437||Prominent Tennesseans--Albert Marks, Elizabeth Lashbrook, Ursula Colyar|
write up on Albert Marks, governor of Tennessee and his history with confederate south army civil war with General Zollicoffer and battle of Mill Springs Somerset Ky (fishing creek) and pointing out his maternal grand-mother Colyar
|438||Pulaski County Ky highway map in 1950|
Map shows detail of houses, churches, schools, postoffice etc, but only along roads....not much city streets.
|439||Raymond Stigall and Dr. Owen newspaper|
July 27, 1922 Somerset Ky newspaper reprint
|440||Rebecca Colyer 1899 land deed|
Status: LocatedHere Rebecca Colyer in 1899 land to son Buford Kirtley Colyer land his homeplace built on near Haynes Spring on Buck Creek.
|441||Rebecca Colyer to Jugornot school|
Status: LocatedRebecca Colyer (Wife of Bluford) deed to Jugornot School.
|442||Registered Jersey cows by Earl B. Curtis|
1919 publication of the registered Jersey cow associaton showing various registered Jerseys to E.B Curtis in Somerset in 1918 prior to birth of first child, Jack.
Status: LocatedGenealogy report prepared by Mr. Dean Hunter on related Richardson Family
|444||Rush Branch Road ? :Kentucky legislative Act creating in 1835. |
This seems to be first step of creating road from Pulaski County Courthouse to the coal mines at the mouth of the Rockcastle and Laurel Rivers on the Cumberland River. The 1942 book on this site about history of American Coal mining confirms. From study of 1845 map on this site as well as 1861 civil war map on this site, it appears that this was current Rush Branch road. Before the lake in 1950's, it appears current Rush Branch Road crossed Buck Creek and continued on to the coal mines on Cumberland River then continued on to Whitley County area where current day town of Williamsburg Ky is county seat.
|445||Ruth Brown paid paid $25 a year for keeping child of John Colyer|
Status: LocatedWashington County Court of Pleas Quarter Sessions abstracts WP project—TN State Archives Library Nashville: the first page ref is to WP project extract, the (p-) reference is to original court
Ruth Brown paid paid $25 a yar for keeping child of John Colyer for 3 months p.288 ( p569)
|446||Ruth Kentucky Map modern day|
Shows John Colyer homeplace purchased 1842; Charles Granade Colyer homeplace civil war era; Beech Grove Schoool where Granade taught school in 1862; Clay Hill Baptist cemetery where Granade buried.
|447||Sadie McElwain 1930 Census|
Living in Bay City Michigan with step-Mother Winnie Lewis McElwain and son Edward
|448||Sam & Leone Colyer home property legal history on Monticello St|
Somerset KY Commonwealth Journal newspaper 9/19/2018 zoning notice change to business of home place deeds acquired by Stewart Development
|449||Sam Colyer 1914 Ft. Worth directory|
Shows Sam with Sears in laws on Ross Ave and store 2200 Clinton Ave.
|450||Sam Colyer Dairy at Oak Hill|
Newspaper article 2016