Home | What's New | Photos | Histories | Sources | Reports | Cemeteries | Headstones | Statistics | Surnames
Home Search Print Login Add Bookmark
Matches 501 to 550 of 616 » Thumbnails Only
|501||Payton Colyer 1915 Massachusetts marriage license|
Shows father's name as Linsey "Robert" Colyer, not Randall
|502||Payton Colyer 1921 Cambridge Mass directory|
|503||Payton Colyer 1930 census|
in NY, NY mental hospital
|504||Payton Colyer marriage record|
Plymouth Massechusets area
|505||Perry N. Colyer death|
in Louisville and works as traveling salesman for Louisville Drug co.
|506||Perry N. Colyer Obit|
Somerset Ky The Commonwealth 03/11/1936
|507||Peyton Colyer 1920 census Boston|
|508||Piney Grove Baptist Church history, Somerset Ky|
|509||Possible Sublimity Road (hwy 192) history: The First Century and a Quarter of American Coal Industry, 1942|
Confirms that the 1835 Ky Legislative act was building road from Pulaski county courthouse to the coal mines located at mouth of Rockcastle and Laurel Rivers on the Cumberland River. However study of maps of 1845, 1861 seem to show that this 1835 Act was for what is currently Rush Branch Road. Before the lake in 1950, based on civil war 1861 map and 1845 map, it appears that Rush Branch Road (may have been known as Whitley Road) crossed Buck Creek and continued to the coal mine area (see 1845 map) then on to Whitley County area south toward current day Williamsburg and Corbin Ky.
|510||Prominent Tennesseans--Albert Marks, Elizabeth Lashbrook, Ursula Colyar|
write up on Albert Marks, governor of Tennessee and his history with confederate south army civil war with General Zollicoffer and battle of Mill Springs Somerset Ky (fishing creek) and pointing out his maternal grand-mother Colyar
|511||Pulaski County Ky highway map in 1950|
Map shows detail of houses, churches, schools, postoffice etc, but only along roads....not much city streets.
|512||Ralph Curtis promoted Insurance moves to Connecticut|
Somerset Ky newspaper The Commonwealth 03/19/1930
|513||Ray Colyer letter to Editor Louisville Courier Journal 1953|
|514||Raymond Stigall and Dr. Owen newspaper|
July 27, 1922 Somerset Ky newspaper reprint
|515||Rebecca Colyer 1899 land deed|
Status: LocatedHere Rebecca Colyer in 1899 land to son Buford Kirtley Colyer land his homeplace built on near Haynes Spring on Buck Creek.
|516||Rebecca Colyer to Jugornot school|
Status: LocatedRebecca Colyer (Wife of Bluford) deed to Jugornot School.
|517||Registered Jersey cows by Earl B. Curtis|
1919 publication of the registered Jersey cow associaton showing various registered Jerseys to E.B Curtis in Somerset in 1918 prior to birth of first child, Jack.
Status: LocatedGenealogy report prepared by Mr. Dean Hunter on related Richardson Family
|519||Rush Branch Road ? :Kentucky legislative Act creating in 1835. |
This seems to be first step of creating road from Pulaski County Courthouse to the coal mines at the mouth of the Rockcastle and Laurel Rivers on the Cumberland River. The 1942 book on this site about history of American Coal mining confirms. From study of 1845 map on this site as well as 1861 civil war map on this site, it appears that this was current Rush Branch road. Before the lake in 1950's, it appears current Rush Branch Road crossed Buck Creek and continued on to the coal mines on Cumberland River then continued on to Whitley County area where current day town of Williamsburg Ky is county seat.
|520||Ruth Brown paid paid $25 a year for keeping child of John Colyer|
Status: LocatedWashington County Court of Pleas Quarter Sessions abstracts WP project—TN State Archives Library Nashville: the first page ref is to WP project extract, the (p-) reference is to original court
Ruth Brown paid paid $25 a yar for keeping child of John Colyer for 3 months p.288 ( p569)
|521||Ruth Kentucky Map modern day|
Shows John Colyer homeplace purchased 1842; Charles Granade Colyer homeplace civil war era; Beech Grove Schoool where Granade taught school in 1862; Clay Hill Baptist cemetery where Granade buried.
|522||Sadie McElwain 1930 Census|
Living in Bay City Michigan with step-Mother Winnie Lewis McElwain and son Edward
|523||Sam & Leone Colyer home property legal history on Monticello St|
Somerset KY Commonwealth Journal newspaper 9/19/2018 zoning notice change to business of home place deeds acquired by Stewart Development
|524||Sam Colyer 1914 Ft. Worth directory|
Shows Sam with Sears in laws on Ross Ave and store 2200 Clinton Ave.
|525||Sam Colyer Dairy at Oak Hill|
Newspaper article 2016
|526||Sam Colyer funeral bulletin|
|527||Sam Colyer grocery store newspaper ad|
Status: LocatedSam Colyer upon returning from Ft. Worth TX back to Somerset Ky, opened grocery business. This is newspaper ad from era during World War I
|528||Sam Colyer Obituary|
Status: LocatedObituary for Sam Colyer in Somerset newspaper 1972
|529||Sam Colyer World War I draft registration|
|530||Sam Colyer World War II draft registration|
|531||Sam Colyer’s diary|
Status: LocatedSam Colyer’s diary 1945-1949 transcript. I suppose this is the web-blog Sam never dreamed of.
|532||Samuel Black Colyer obituary|
From Storey county Nevada, Virginia City Nevada
|533||Samuel Colyer's Bible|
Status: LocatedFamily page from Samuel Colyer's Bible ( Sam son of Charles Granade Colyer, who was son of John Colyer, who was son of William Colyar of Washington County TN)
|534||Samuel Lance Colyer Obit|
Somerset Ky The Commonwealth 03/24/1926
|535||Samuel Lance Colyer, newspaper report of improvement|
Somerset Ky The Commonwealth 03/17/1926
|536||Savannah Botkin Curtis (Mother Curtis) note|
Last wishes dated 5/17/1953
|537||Savannah Botkin Curtis Last Will codicil signed|
|538||Saw Mill operation near Waynesburg KY, believed to be Fred Purcival (FP) Curtis 1885|
Interior Journal of Lincoln Count¥ Ky
|539||Scotch-Irish convention speech|
Status: LocatedSpeech by Arthur St. Clair Colyar at convention of Scotch-Irish contained in book The Scotch-Irish in America
|540||Sewanee College University of South Founding document A.S.Colyar|
Minutes of Episcopal Methodist church 1858 founding of Sewanee College showing Arthur St Clair Colyar (A.S. Colyar) on land acquistion committee of college with his father in law, Dr. Estill. Colyar was involved with Sewanee Mining, later its president, who donated the 10,000 acres the college was built upon.
|541||Shawnee and Other Indian marriages to Whites 1700's|
Make claim that Charles St. Clair's (Sinclair) wife, Ann was either 100% or 50% native american indian
|542||Short Creek, Pulaski County Ky|
1971 Somerset Commonwealth Journal newspaper supplement on Short Creek.
|543||Sion Bradley estate 1861|
|544||Sion Bradley marriage 1828|
Shows wife maiden name Mary Head
|545||Sokolik photo Moholy Nagy Chicago tribute|
|546||Somerset Banking Co failure, George Washington Wait|
|547||Somerset Commonwealth Journal newspaper article June 2008 on Alan Sidwell wildlife rescue|
(At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.)
|548||Somerset Ky 1929 Topo map (warning 5meg file size)|
Shows Ruth Ky John Colyer house, Charles Granade Colyer house, Clay Hill Baptist Church and cemetery, Beech Grove School, Soules' Chapel Church, Jugornot Hollow, Pisgah School. See alternative annotated pdf file.
|549||Somerset Ky Commonwealth newspaper Arthur visits from El Paso|
May 3, 1933
|550||Somerset Ky Elm Street and South Main Street Property tax map (apparently) from about 1920|
Appears to show where the Colyer House apartments owned by Mrs. Charles Granade Colyer were located. Excerpt from Jan 7 1920 Somerset Journal: "One of the prettiest of the holiday parties was given by Mrs. Ben D. Smith on Tuesday afternoon at her pretty apartment at the Colyer House. Mrs. Smith entertained at cards and there were five tables playing. Attractive were the decorations and most delicious refreshments were served.