||1 Apr 1815
||Virginia [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
||1 Apr 1855
||Bronston Ky [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
||Alexander Chapel Cemetery Bronston Pulaski County Ky 
||John Colyer family of Somerset Ky
||22 Oct 2016 |
||Lucy M. Gover, b. 28 Jan 1822, Pulaski Co., Kentucky , d. 17 Apr 1871 |
||29 Jul 1844
||Pulaski County Ky
||07 Sep 2013 |
||1855 Pulaski County Ky Deaths: John W Colyer|
Shows a John W Colyer died Tyhphoid Fever son of John and POLLY. See discussion of John Colyer 1781 first wife
||DNA test of Harold Andrew Colyer and Curtis Colyer match report|
Harold Andrew Colyer is a documented descendant (great great grandson) of John Colyer born 1781. Curtis Colyer is a documented descendant (great great grandson) of John Colyer born 1815 who lived in Bronston Ky. This DNA test shows that John Colyer born 1815 is son of John Colyer born 1781.
This DNA test results in several conclusions. First, the Bronston KY area Colyers are related via John Colyer born 1781 to the Jugornot area of Somerset KY Colyers. Second, based on death record of John Colyer born 1815, that the first wife of John Colyer born 1781 was Polly Sinclair, NOT Martha Minus.
Although the John Colyer born 1815 death record only states the mother's first name, it is this researcher's conclusion, that the disclosure of her last name in the newspaper obituary of John Colyer born 1781 son, Charles Granade Colyer, as Sinclair, provides for her full name as Polly Sinclair.
||DNA test comparison Curtis Colyer vs. John Collyer|
Shows proof of connection via John Colyer born 1781. Curtis Colyer descended from John Colyer Jr. born 1815 and John Collyer was descended from William Colyer born 1807.
- With the recent discovery in 2015 of the death record of a John Colyer in Pulaski County with same dates of birth and death of this John, AND that parents were John Colyer and POLLY----there are some doubts that this John Colyer was the son of John Colyer of 1781. Further casting doubts are the fact that another son of John Colyer 1781 was named John Wesley Colyer (thus a junior) who was born of Lydia Purvis in 1834. However, the 1910 Somerset Republican newspaper obit of Granade Colyer lists all family members, and in fact there was a John of the first marriage and a John of the second marriage. The first was called John, the second was called Wesley.
Could this be the son of another John Colyer (on Lousiville 1850 census as John Colyear) and Mary "Polly" Blevins who were married in Pulaski County in 1806 ? See search results on this site for Polly Blevins. Based on DNA research below, it is concluded this John Colyear who married Polly Blevins in Pulaski County IS NOT the parents of John Colyer 1815.
Is it possible that John Colyer 1781 first wife went by the first name of Polly ? This could be supported IF the John Colyer born 1815 of Bronston was in fact John's 1781 son, since John Colyer born 1815 death record in Pulaski Cty states mother was named Polly. October 21, 2016 testing results of Y-DNA samples of a descendant (great-great grandson) of John Colyer 1815 were completed. They show a match on 110 out of 111 Y-DNA markers so within 5 generations ( ie. circa 1800) to a known descendant of John Colyer born 1781. Since the county death record of John Colyer born 1815 shows that his mother's name was Polly, it is concluded based on DNA evidence that the first wife of John Colyer was NOT Martha Minus or Polly Blevins, but RATHER Polly with unknown last name. The John Colyer 1815 death record does not reveal mother last name. The Somerset Republican newspaper obituary of a son of John Colyer 1781 says his first wife was a Miss Sinclair. Therefore this researcher concludes John Colyer 1781 first wife was named POLLY SINCLAIR. Further, DNA evidence concludes that John Colyer 1815 WAS SON of John Colyer 1781.
- [S05088] Collierj.ftw--Tim Jeffries, Cincinnati OH, Tim Jeffries, Cincinnatti OH.
Date of Import: Aug 6, 1998
- [S14494] Alice Colyer Gala.
Date of Import: Sep 19, 1998
- [S27813] ColyerV2.FTW.
Date of Import: Sep 30, 1998
- [S01710] Kate Smith Collier file # 3 - Walter W. Smith Collection.
- KSC 3 - Walter W. Smith Collection.
- [S31974] Shelley Strangeland-Miller.