||7 Apr 1897
||Ruth Pulaski County Ky [2, 3]
||7 Jan 1961
||Clay Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Somerset Ky
||John Colyer family of Somerset Ky
||18 Jul 2016 |
||Ruth KY store|
This is a picture of the Ruth Ky store at Pitman Creek as it appeared about 1940 according to Harold Colyer who remembers it as a boy. Thanks to Harold Colyer for this photo. This store stood on the opposite side of the road from the Warren/Colyer house currently standing at Ptiman creek. This is the version of the store that was reported by Mrs. Iva Dean Ridner and Lyman Alexander to have been washed into Pitman creek in a flood about 1948.
Somerset Journal: June 8, 1938 Half interest: John Alexander has bought a half interest in Elbert Alexander’s store at Ruth.
||Ad and Rose Colyer|
- According to Cliva Colyer Minton 06/2005 who lives in Jugornot Hollow Pulaski County TN, she said that Ad Colyer ran the grocery store for years that was at Ruth Kentucky.
- According to Mr. Meece, who attends Clay Hill Baptist Church in 2013 who ran a auto garage about 2 miles out hwy 192 from Pitman Creek on left of 192, in interview at the 192 market 08/02/13 said he remembered Add Colyer who ran the Ruth Store awhile. Mr. Meece said he would go into the old store often. Mr. Meece is 78 in 2013. Mr. Meece said that Add Colyer lived back Mayfield Hollow Road.
- Ad Colyer also ran a store at Alcade, KY
Jane Holt Whitis: I think Add Colyer took over as postmaster at the Alcalde post office when my father sold the store there around 1952.
Dexter Alexander: Add Colyer was Ruth postmaster from 1937 to 1944. He took over from my grandfather, John E Alexander, who operated the store and post office beginning in 1925.
- [S28007] Jean Grumbling http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=jcgrumbling4.
- [S14494] Alice Colyer Gala.
Date of Import: Sep 19, 1998
- [S27813] ColyerV2.FTW.
Date of Import: Sep 30, 1998