Home | What's New | Photos | Histories | Sources | Reports | Cemeteries | Headstones | Statistics | Surnames
Home Search Print Login Add Bookmark
1834 ancient map Cumberland River
You must download and install the special Deju browser plug in from here to read this . The Wait-Bluford Colyer deed references land near Beaver Creek. From looking at ancient map of 1834 (djvu format) , it appears that current day Buck Creek used to be called Beaver Creek. Renaming it to Buck Creek appears to have possibly cleared confusion resulting from many nearby creeks emptying into Cumberland River being designated at Beaver Creek as can be seen from the 1834 map referenced above. This indicates that the John Colyer family while living in the Jugornot area of Pulaski County had family friend named Cyrenius Waite that may be reason a child named after him.) See Cyreinus Waite page where History of Pulaski County Book shows Cyrenius Waite owned coal mines at mouth of Buck Creek on Cumberland River.
|Linked to||Bluford Colyer, John Colyer, Cyrenius Wait|