Home | What's New | Photos | Histories | Sources | Reports | Cemeteries | Headstones | Statistics | Surnames
John Colyer1781 - 1851
Home Search Print Login Add Bookmark
Map of Kentucky roads 1845
Shows road that appears to be Current Rush Branch road. Ky Legislature funded road improvement in 1835 for coal mines. This may also be what in Pulaski Court orders refer to the Whitley Road....meaning going to Whitley County area around current day Williamsburg Ky. This map lends support to the proposition that the KY Legislative Act of 1835 was for Rush Branch road that is shown crossing Buck Creek and continuing on to Coal mine area and then Whitley area. The Sublimity Road (current hwy 192 and formerly referred to in Pulaski Court Orders in 1821 as Saltworks Rd) may not have been improved until 1850's road Legislative Act.
|Dimensions||3200 x 2390|
|Linked to||John Colyer|