Home | What's New | Photos | Histories | Sources | Reports | Cemeteries | Headstones | Statistics | Surnames
John Colyer1781 - 1851
Home Search Print Login Add Bookmark
1861 Civil War map with Somerset inset showing Sublimity Rd (now hwy 192) and Rush Branch Rd
This map seems to lead one to the conclusion that the KY legislative act of 1835 on this site for road construction was concerning current Rush Branch Road (formerly known as the Whitley Road in Pulaski County Court Order). The 1861 Civil War map on this site appears to clearly show Rush Branch road at the time crossed over Buck Creek (now since lake formation in 1950's road ends at Buck Creek) and went down to the coal mines on this 1861 map and coincides with language in 1835 Legislative Act. Therefore, it may be that current hwy 192(formerly known as Sublimity Road since 1858 Act, but formerly in pulaski court orders known as the Saltworks Rd) was improved by the 1853 or so Legislative Act sponsored by Christopher Columbus Graham to his resort at Sublimity Springs.
|Dimensions||3374 x 6067|
|Linked to||John Colyer|