Home | What's New | Photos | Histories | Sources | Reports | Cemeteries | Headstones | Statistics | Surnames

 Report: Photos changed within the last 90 days

         Description: Photos changed within the last 90 days (listing *with* linked individuals)


HomeHome    SearchSearch    PrintPrint    Login - User: anonymousLogin    Add BookmarkAdd Bookmark

Matches 1 to 4 of 4

# Description Notes Last Modified Date Person ID Tree Last Name First Name Living Tree
1 Rush Branch Road ? :Kentucky legislative Act creating in 1835.   This seems to be first step of creating road from Pulaski County Courthouse to the coal mines at the mouth of the Rockcastle and Laurel Rivers on the Cumberland River. The 1942 book on this site about history of American Coal mining confirms. From study of 1845 map on this site as well as 1861 civil war map on this site, it appears that this was current Rush Branch road. Before the lake in 1950's, it appears current Rush Branch Road crossed Buck Creek and continued on to the coal mines on Cumberland River then continued on to Whitley County area where current day town of Williamsburg Ky is county seat.  2017-05-28 12:59:46  I1027  colyer  Colyer  John  colyer 
2 Map of Kentucky roads 1845  Shows road that appears to be Current Rush Branch road. Ky Legislature funded road improvement in 1835 for coal mines. This may also be what in Pulaski Court orders refer to the Whitley Road....meaning going to Whitley County area around current day Williamsburg Ky. This map lends support to the proposition that the KY Legislative Act of 1835 was for Rush Branch road that is shown crossing Buck Creek and continuing on to Coal mine area and then Whitley area. The Sublimity Road (current hwy 192 and formerly referred to in Pulaski Court Orders in 1821 as Saltworks Rd) may not have been improved until 1850's road Legislative Act.   2017-05-05 06:22:33  I1027  colyer  Colyer  John  colyer 
3 Possible Sublimity Road (hwy 192) history: The First Century and a Quarter of American Coal Industry, 1942  Confirms that the 1835 Ky Legislative act was building road from Pulaski county courthouse to the coal mines located at mouth of Rockcastle and Laurel Rivers on the Cumberland River. However study of maps of 1845, 1861 seem to show that this 1835 Act was for what is currently Rush Branch Road. Before the lake in 1950, based on civil war 1861 map and 1845 map, it appears that Rush Branch Road (may have been known as Whitley Road) crossed Buck Creek and continued to the coal mine area (see 1845 map) then on to Whitley County area south toward current day Williamsburg and Corbin Ky.  2017-05-05 06:19:27  I1027  colyer  Colyer  John  colyer 
4 Bluford Kirtley Colyer family  B.K. Colyer family. Some sources show first name as Buford. Thanks to Scotty Murphy Noe for this photo.  2017-05-01 19:14:05  I2177  colyer  Colyer  Bluford Kirtley  colyer