Home | What's New | Photos | Histories | Sources | Reports | Cemeteries | Headstones | Statistics | Surnames

 What's New (past 90 days)


HomeHome    SearchSearch    PrintPrint    Login - User: anonymousLogin    Add BookmarkAdd Bookmark

Tree:  

Photos

 Thumb   Description   Linked to   Last Modified 
Bluford Kirtley Colyer family
Bluford Kirtley Colyer family
B.K. Colyer family. Some sources show first name as Buford. Thanks to Scotty Murphy Noe for this photo. 
  01 May 2017 

Documents

 Thumb   Description   Linked to   Last Modified 
Rush Branch Road ? :Kentucky legislative Act creating in 1835.
Rush Branch Road ? :Kentucky legislative Act creating in 1835.
This seems to be first step of creating road from Pulaski County Courthouse to the coal mines at the mouth of the Rockcastle and Laurel Rivers on the Cumberland River. The 1942 book on this site about history of American Coal mining confirms. From study of 1845 map on this site as well as 1861 civil war map on this site, it appears that this was current Rush Branch road. Before the lake in 1950's, it appears current Rush Branch Road crossed Buck Creek and continued on to the coal mines on Cumberland River then continued on to Whitley County area where current day town of Williamsburg Ky is county seat. 
  28 May 2017 
Map of Kentucky roads 1845
Map of Kentucky roads 1845
Shows road that appears to be Current Rush Branch road. Ky Legislature funded road improvement in 1835 for coal mines. This may also be what in Pulaski Court orders refer to the Whitley Road....meaning going to Whitley County area around current day Williamsburg Ky. This map lends support to the proposition that the KY Legislative Act of 1835 was for Rush Branch road that is shown crossing Buck Creek and continuing on to Coal mine area and then Whitley area. The Sublimity Road (current hwy 192 and formerly referred to in Pulaski Court Orders in 1821 as Saltworks Rd) may not have been improved until 1850's road Legislative Act.  
  05 May 2017 
Possible Sublimity Road (hwy 192) history:  The First Century and a Quarter of American Coal Industry, 1942
Possible Sublimity Road (hwy 192) history: The First Century and a Quarter of American Coal Industry, 1942
Confirms that the 1835 Ky Legislative act was building road from Pulaski county courthouse to the coal mines located at mouth of Rockcastle and Laurel Rivers on the Cumberland River. However study of maps of 1845, 1861 seem to show that this 1835 Act was for what is currently Rush Branch Road. Before the lake in 1950, based on civil war 1861 map and 1845 map, it appears that Rush Branch Road (may have been known as Whitley Road) crossed Buck Creek and continued to the coal mine area (see 1845 map) then on to Whitley County area south toward current day Williamsburg and Corbin Ky. 
  05 May 2017 

Individuals

 ID   Last Name, Given Name(s)   Born/Christened   Tree   Last Modified 
I34954  Lewis, Letha     John Colyer family of Somerset Ky 02 Jul 2017 
I34605  Colyer, Everett  b. 23 Dec 1901   John Colyer family of Somerset Ky 02 Jul 2017 
I2243  Black, Samuel  b. 26 Mar 1803   John Colyer family of Somerset Ky 17 Jun 2017 
I1029  Colyar, William  b. 1754  Greenbriar Co., Virginia  John Colyer family of Somerset Ky 26 May 2017 
I34653  Colyer, Harold Andrew  b. 1934  Ruth Pulaski County Ky  John Colyer family of Somerset Ky 13 May 2017 

Families

 ID   Father ID   Father's Name   Mother ID   Married   Tree   Last Modified 
 F8055  I34605  Everett Colyer  I34954    John Colyer family of Somerset Ky 02 Jul 2017