Home | What's New | Photos | Histories | Sources | Reports | Cemeteries | Headstones | Statistics | Surnames
Home Search Print Login Add Bookmark
Matches 201 to 250 of 268 » Thumbnails Only
|201||Moore Cemetery in McDonough N.Y.|
Status: LocatedMoore Cemetery in McDonough N.Y. where James Curtis revolutionary war soldier is buried.
|202||Moore Cemetery in McDonough N.Y.|
Status: Located Moore Cemetery located at end of Corbin Road in East McDonough NY in 2002
|203||Nancy Colyer tombstone|
Daughter of Lindsay Robert Colyer, buried Soule's Chapel Somerset Ky
|204||Nancy Jane Colyer tombstone|
Nancy Jane Colyer tombstone in Butler, MO in early 2005
|205||Nancy Jane Richardson Colyer tombstone|
Wife of Lindsey Robert Colyer....buried Soule's Chapel Cemetery
|206||Nathaniel Colyer |
in Houston TX with his Colyer business college/school about 1910
Neal Colyer driving buggy on Strawberry rd, Somerset Ky in front of what was once the Waddle/Richards cabin. Per interview with son, Harold Colyer in Aug 2015, he confirmed that driver looked like his father. Per Harold Colyer 08/19/16, wagons had steel bands around the wheels and his dad when traveling strawberry rd and other areas near streams, the roads often forded creeks to get the wood wheels and spokes wet to cause swelling to help keep the steel bands that were like the tires of a wagon wheel tight to the wood wheel so they would not become loose and fall off.
Status: LocatedNolichucky River in Washington county Tennessee where Bumpass Creek empties into the river. It is at this site that William Colyar settled and owned a lead mine. He owned 550 acres here spanning both sides of the river.
|209||Nora S. Colyer Ping|
|210||Older gentleman is Earl Botkin Curtis|
|211||Oliver & Bessie Morrison|
Oliver Morrison and wife Bessie Maggard, daughter Etta and son Leslie (Les)
|212||Otha B. Vaughan and wife Sara (Eva) Owens|
Obtained from daughter Mary Wells Vaughan Curtis
|213||Owens Vaughan home 1910 Thanksgiving, Old Monticello Rd, Somerset KY|
|214||Owens Vaughan home Old Monticello Rd, Somerset KY 1910 Thanksgiving|
Thanks to Ms. Martha Larson Wells for this photo from Mary Waite Larson collection
|215||Painting by Lera Colyer of family farm on highway 192 Somerset KY|
From John Parsons, nephew :The house and barn sat on top of a
little hill facing Ruth road and this was looking from one of the hills to the rear that is now where the bypass goes through
|216||Patrick Henry historic sign|
Shows that Patrick Henry, who was namesake of Henry County Virginia, lived on Leatherwood Creek in Henry county, where John Colliar/Colyer received land grant in 1780 for 336 acres.
|217||Photo of Samuel R Owens House from book "A History of Pulaski County Kentucky" Publ 1952|
in Pisgah section of Somerset Kentucky. Daughter Sarah Eva Owens who married Otha Vaughan, lived and raised family in the house after, evidently, inheriting it from her Medical Doctor father.
|218||Pilcher Compact case, believed to be a Lera Colyer design from Chicago Bauhaus days|
See 1950 Louisville Ky Courier Journal article note for Lera, wherein it states she is designing remotely from Chicago Silk Screen prints for ladies compact cases
|219||Postcard photo of what was the John Carpenter Curtis house Somerset KY|
House lost to foreclosure during great depression and located on "Harvey's Hill" north Main Street, Somerset Ky
Sister Edith Colyer Curtis to left of Ray and wife Alice Colyer to Right of Ray
|222||Ray Colyer in about 1968|
|224||Richard Curtis visits grave of 6th great grandparents|
Joseph Curtis visited May 2018
|225||Robert Thurston Curtis Jr.|
Pulaski County Ky facebook group: Bob Curtis on sax, Doc Burgin on guitar, Steve Tucker on drums and Barbara Campbell on organ. Mary Lou Mink on bass guitar.
|226||Ruth KY store|
This is a picture of the Ruth Ky store at Pitman Creek as it appeared about 1940 according to Harold Colyer who remembers it as a boy. Thanks to Harold Colyer for this photo. This store stood on the opposite side of the road from the Warren/Colyer house currently standing at Ptiman creek. This is the version of the store that was reported by Mrs. Iva Dean Ridner and Lyman Alexander to have been washed into Pitman creek in a flood about 1948.
Somerset Journal: June 8, 1938 Half interest: John Alexander has bought a half interest in Elbert Alexanderís store at Ruth.
|227||Ruth Ky store about 1940|
This photo of the Old Ruth Store was reprinted in the Somerset KY newspaper The Commonwealth Journal 11/2/13. According to Verda May Hines Hughes, the Zimmer store was located further out current day hwy 192 at the corner of current Stewart Rd
Status: LocatedTaken in entry way of his home on Monticello St, Somerset Ky
|229||Sam Colyer Dairy bottle top|
Sam had a small farm he operated on current-day Old Patterson Branch Rd in Somerset Ky, before and after he would do a days work in his grocery store on Old Monticello St. Old Patterson Branch Rd is off Oak Hill Rd. The barn and house on the farm still stands in 2015.
|230||Sam Colyer family|
Status: LocatedPhoto of Sam Colyer and some family about 1937. This is left to right Leon (Samís wife) Ray, Sam and Edith Colyer.
|231||Sam Colyer grocery Monticello & Langdon St :Old photo from photographer database at Somerset Ky public library shows what is believed to be Monticello St|
Facebook Pulaski County Kentucky group identified white building at Sam Colyer grocery.
|232||Sam Colyer grocery: corner of Monticello St and Langdon St Somerset Ky|
|233||Sam Colyer house, Somerset Ky|
House where Sam Colyer family lived. Sam lived there until about 1967. House stood at corner of Hope Ave and Old Monticello Street in Somerset Ky. House was torn down about 2005 when new Monticello road was built. Since the 1920 census shows the family living on College Street, 1930 census shows family living in this house on Monticello St., sometime before 1930 the family moved here. Likely after 1926 when 15 year old son Lance died of pneumonia. Both census show Sam's mother, Louisa, living with the family. When Sam's grand-daughter Janet Avera Claunch and her husband Sonny Claunch, first moved back to Somerset from Dayton Ohio in early 1970's, they lived in this house according to Janet.
|234||Sam Colyer residence in Ft. Worth Texas per 1908 Ft. Worth City Directory|
|235||Savanah Botkin Curtis|
Savanah at the home of Jack Curtis in Lexington KY on Edgemoor Dr. about 1952
|236||Savannah Botkin Curtis|
Status: LocatedThis is a photo of Savannah about 1921
|237||Savannah Botkin Curtis|
When her first son, Ralph was about 8 months old. Living in Attalla Alabama with husband John Carpenter Curtis. Must have been around 1890 when John Carpenter Curtis in lumber business with brothers before they built Flour Mill in Somerset KY in 1907.
|238||Savannah Botkin Curtis|
|239||Savannah Botkin Curtis|
with Joan Hyamn Shivlett, Bob Hyman, Lavonia Curtis Hyman "sis" back yard of Springfield OH home of John Arnold Curtis
|240||Seth Curtis farm|
Status: LocatedSeth Curtis farm about 1/2 mile from Ludlow pond, East McDonough NY.
|241||Seth Curtis grave|
Status: LocatedSeth Curtis grave stone in 2002 Union Cemetery McDonough NY
|242||Sis (Lavonia) Hyman and son, Bob|
Received from Bob Hyman 2012
|243||Somerset 1933 First Methodist Men Bible Study|
According to 2/6/18 photo posted to Pulaski County Ky facebook group. Earl Curtis standing back row, top right
|244||Somerset Court house 1902|
Unknown occasion group photo on the Somerset KY square at court house shows people dressed in their fancy clothes. The RED arrow shows who is believed to be Sam Colyer, born 1884. Found this photo in archives of Edith Colyer Curtis, Sam's daughter. Somerset Ky newspaper clipping dates 1902.
|245||Somerset flour mill in 2002|
As the mill looked a few years before it was torn down.
|246||Somerset Kentucky historical marker--Cyrenius Wait|
Status: Locatedbuilt by John Carpenter Curtis and his brothers, Charlie and Fred in about 1906. Home of FCJ flour (Fred,Charlie, Jack). The mill was located on Monticello St in Somerset Ky where current day (2008) Beecher street intersects.
|248||Somerset mill loading dock|
As it appears 2002 before it was torn down few years later
|249||Soule's Chapel Church|
Status: LocatedPhoto of Soule's Chapel Church new homestead of John Colyer and his son Charles Granade Colyer. This is where family may have gone to church and where John Colyer, son of William Colyar and father of Charles Granade Colyer, is buried. See historic write up about Souleís chapel under John Colyer. It is reported by June Avera that Charles Grenade Colyer was initially buried there, but after a dispute with Louisa Jane, his wife and the church, she reportedly had him exhumed and moved to the Clay Hill Baptist Church cemetery, where his grave is today. However, from reading the obituary of Charles Grenade Colyer in the Somerset Republican newspaper referenced above, this story must be erroneous since the paper says he was originally buried in Clay Hill Cemetery.
|250||St. Clair's bottom|
Near modern day Chilowie VA. This photo looking over the bottom arriving from west looking east. Photo taken 2005