- Per Robert Sears on Facebook "You know you're from Pulaski County/ Somerset Ky if"
One story John Prather told me about the Newtonian. .. A very colorful (John Prather described him as having a "bombastic" style in court) John Will Colyer lived there in his latter years. His picture shows him as a huge linebacker looking man with a handle bar mustache. My Grandpa said Colyer chewed tobacco and could spit so that he would hit a spitoon half way across the front of the court. John said every two or three years he would sail to England to be fitted for a fine broadcloth suit. Sadly his over the top life style cost him everything he had accumulated and he died penniless. He was buried at the city cemetery and for years he had no stone. Finally the local bar association bought him a tombstone.
- Democrat. Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Kentucky, 1888, 1916, 1924. Died in August, 1932 (age about 69 years). Interment at Somerset Cemetery. http://politicalgraveyard.com/geo/KY/PU-buried.html
- [S05088] Collierj.ftw--Tim Jeffries, Cincinnati OH, Tim Jeffries, Cincinnatti OH.
Date of Import: Aug 6, 1998
- [S14494] Alice Colyer Gala.
Date of Import: Sep 19, 1998
- [S27813] ColyerV2.FTW.
Date of Import: Sep 30, 1998
- [S01710] Kate Smith Collier file # 3 - Walter W. Smith Collection.
- KSC 3 - Walter W. Smith Collection.