||1886 Ruth Ky Warren Store ledger|
WARNING large 60 meg file: requires high speed: This ledger of the general store at what is now known as Ruth Ky was found in ceiling of old log home renovation 2012. The log house built by John Langdon in 1814, purchased by John Colyer 1842, then purchased by Andrew Warren 1865. Andrew's son, Mathew(born 1859), evidently ran store across the road from the house. The store later became in 1888 the first post office in the community at current day hwy 192 at Pitman Creek in Somerset Ky. The first post office in 1888 known as Juno....later became Ruth Ky. Many area family names in ledger: Colyer, Warren, Richardson, Meece, Botkin, Allen, Sword.
- [S05088] Collierj.ftw--Tim Jeffries, Cincinnati OH, Tim Jeffries, Cincinnatti OH.
Date of Import: Aug 6, 1998
- [S14494] Alice Colyer Gala.
Date of Import: Sep 19, 1998
- [S27813] ColyerV2.FTW.
Date of Import: Sep 30, 1998