||Ft. Worth, TX [1, 2]
||Feb 14 1980
||Somerset Ky City Cemetery, W. Columbia St.
||John Colyer family of Somerset Ky
||11 Jul 2022 |
||Samuel Colyer, b. 22 May 1884, d. 1 Feb 1972, Somerset, Ky |
||Leone' Valeria Lewis, b. 16 Oct 1886, Greenwood, Ky , d. 26 Sep 1953, Ft. Worth, TX |
||Jan 1 1905
- I remember as a child my parents taking me to visit my Aunt Ruby at her store there accross from the stockyards. Aunt Ruby had big glass enclosed cases made of oak that made up the main check out counter where the cash register was kept. The glass cases were filled with various sorts of candy. Aunt Ruby would always have my brother and I get a sack and fill them up from the candy cases to take with us.
- Charles Walker to Sam Daniels, I remember when Ruby was a Sunday school teacher at Cotter Ave Church of God, she would always bring different flavor chewing gum for her class but we had to promise that we would not chew or open them until we were out of church,
- Rick Barker: Miss Ruby was a wonderful Lady. My mother shopped with her for years . Good memories of that store, the stockyard and The Holler.
- Jean Jackson: Sam, my husband loves Ruby and the mill we bought it when Ray Barker sold it, but he started working there for Ray as a young boy..But in later years we sold it, he and another man tore it down and took the lumder to Jabez to buid the JMCOG , which he preached there for 30 years before his passing.
- Margie Dodson: I was in Rubys store everyday as a child. I have so many memories of her. I would would really like to see some pics. I remember Edith, Elaine and June. I think I remember you too Sam. Are you the youngest of June's boys?
- Somerset commonwealth news 6/9/1948:
The council also granted Sam Colyer and his daughter, Mrs. Ruby Chester, a permit to build a brick apartment building at the corner of Richardson Dr.
- [S14494] Alice Colyer Gala.
Date of Import: Sep 19, 1998
- [S27813] ColyerV2.FTW.
Date of Import: Sep 30, 1998