||Charles Granade Colyer, b. 8 Aug 1832, Pulaski Co., Kentucky , d. 11 Apr 1910, Somerset, Ky |
||Louisa Jane Meece, b. 21 Aug 1842, Pulaski Co., Kentucky , d. 13 Jan 1931, Somerset, Ky |
||14 Jul 1861
||Pulaski Co., Kentucky
||Charles Granade Colyer|
Family photo of Charles Granade Colyer, his wife and children. Sam Colyer is boy on knee.
- Luvenia and her husband moved to Fort Worth, Texas and opened a grocery store. In early 1906 they sent for Ellen's brother Sam Colyer to come to Ft. Worth to work with them at the store. The Wilder's sold the store to Sam Colyer and moved on to California. A week after that their son Raymond died in Kentucky.
- June Avera thinks that it may have been Luvina who married and moved to California. Never much contact with family. Believes that Luvina had daughter that married mexican who was son of vice president of Mexico. Mentioned that Dean Hunter , research of colyer line, went to Mexico and met her at large house and interviewed her.
- Moved to California and the 1920 census shows as a grocery store operator, the 1940 census shows as a butcher store operator.
- Birth: Mar. 9, 1877
Death: Dec. 17, 1941
Forest Lawn Memorial Park (Glendale)
Los Angeles County
Plot: Vesperland, Map 1, Lot 1670, Space 2
- [S28007] Jean Grumbling http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=jcgrumbling4.
- [S14494] Alice Colyer Gala.
Date of Import: Sep 19, 1998
- [S27813] ColyerV2.FTW.
Date of Import: Sep 30, 1998
- [S01737] Richard Curtis files.
- [S30540] Sam Colyer fAmily bible.